I meant to get this up last week, if for no other reason than to present all the concepts I had come up with. This is just the continuing evolution of the modified wedge shape I presented in the last post. For this design, I asked that there be less material used for the fret markers. Although I was excited about this shape before I saw it laid out on a fingerboard, I now feel I tinkered a bit too much with the traditional wedge shape. Of course the fact that Mica thinks it looks like a fingernail clipping didn’t help the sell!
This design is too curvy for what I’m looking for, so I don’t think I’ll be pursuing it any further. It’s always worth exploring the different ideas that pop up, because if nothing else, it reinforces my feelings on some of the earlier concept drawings.
As of today, I have made the decision on which layout I’m continuing with, and I should have a color mockup by the end of the week.